Thursday 13 October 2011

My first piece of handmade jewellery

Of course having made all of those lovely ceramic beads it would be a crime if I didn't make them into something to wear. The Old Post Office had a jewellery workshop evening so I joined them and made this necklace, bracelet and earrings. I used some lovely large brown glass beads, some small square green beads and some small pale peach beads to compliment the pistachio beads that I had made.

The pistachio beads had quite large holes so I made some silver spirals and glued them each end of the bead so that they would sit better on the wire. I used a toggle clasp to fasten the necklace and used elastic for the bracelet as I think they are easier to put on.

I have quite a few clothes in that lovely lime green colour so will be wearing this set often!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...