Thursday 19 January 2012

Storm beads

I have posted for a while. I've been so engrosed in learning different tehniques for making glass beads. I've treated myself to a tutorial. It's called 'Taking reduction glass by storm' and it's by Amy Kinsch.


You can purchase it on Etsy here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/64478525/lampwork-tutorial-taking-reduction-glass

My first beads didn't have much storming going on and I didn't make enough stringer so the set is not the same colour. My second attempt is much more successful and I am really pleased that I managed to make a set.
Hopefully you will begin to see an improvement in my photos as I get to grips with my camera.

2 comments:

  1. I just bought the tutorial based on your recommendation - I don't seem to have consistent results and hope this helps me. I think your beads turned out great! Lampwork beads are very hard to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, the tutorial is really good, but let me know if you have any problems and I will try to help and yes you're right, they are hard to photograph. This post is a year old now, have a look at a later one, I think they are improving.
      Linda
      x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...