Friday 24 February 2012

DIY Button Mandrel

Another tip I picked up whilst I was on the By George it's Lush weekend workshop was to be shown how to make buttons. I didn't have any button mandrels at home and didn't really want to buy any, but I picked up a great tip from Joy.

I bought some 3mm mandrels that were for making beads for the 3mm pvc hollow tube that I bought from Julie. Joy suggested wiring two of my 2mm mandrels around the 3mm mandrel to create a home-made button mandrel. Picture of it below.

The great thing about this is, if the button gets stuck on the mandrels, you can seperate them to make it easier to remove.

This is one of my first buttons. I had a great idea of wiring it onto one of the pvc necklaces that I made. Doesn't it look cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...