Saturday 12 May 2012

Percy the Penguin

I was lucky enough to be chosen to test a new tutorial being written by Izzybeads. She makes the most adorable creatures, look at this cute dragon

Isn't he fantastic. You can buy him from her Etsy store.

So back to the tutorial. It's for a penguin bead. As readers of this blog will know I've only occasionally dabbled in scultural work so yesterday I had a go.


This is Percy, he's only 2cm high. He was made using CIM Tuxedo, CIM Peace and Efftre Dark Yellow 412 and Effetre clear 006. I used the Tuxedo black stringer for the eyes but it came out a dark navy to need to investrigate the blacks so that I get a true black dot.

I don't think I did too badly for my first attempt. The instructions were clear and the pictures easy to follow. I was able to help with a few tips and hopefully the tutorial will be for sale soon. I will post a link here when it is.

The tutorial is now up for sale on Etsy Penguin Tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...