Tuesday 31 July 2012

Jewellery lessons

Over the last 5 weeks I have been attending how to make jewellery lessons on a 1to1 basis with Val from Harvest Moon. Also known online as the Isle Of Wight  Bead Company.

I've really enjoyed the course. It cost £10 per session plus the materials.

Week one was a simple loop using headpins. I say simple but there is nothing simple about getting it perfect each and every time. I had lots of practice when I made this lovely charm bracelet using Indian glass beads and a pair of matching earrings.




Week Two was a double ended loop. First a simple loop on each side of the bead in this bracelet

and then a wrapped loop in this one.

Week Three was all about wirework.Val showed me how to make all the elements in this necklace including the clasp.





Week Four more wirework, this time I chose to use copper wire which I think sets of these beads of blues, greens and purples. I purposly went for a random look to this necklace as I tend to make very regular designs. Large intricate loops create this necklace. The beads are also wire wrapped with a spiral loop.




Week Five involved Tiger Tail. Firstly I made a bracelet using crimp beads,covers and gaurdians for a professional finish.


Next was a necklace, again using crimp beads and covers and finished off with callottes.

Finally to use up those little left over bits of Tiger Tail I made a pair of earrings.

Many apologies for the quality of the photo's, the light was really bad today.

Linda
x

1 comment:

  1. Clever use of the tiger tail 'using up' technique!! Good idea that! Lovely pieces, looks like a good course. Laney x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...