Thursday 11 April 2013

Workshop with Marshall Hyde.

I'm a little late in doing this blog posting but I only received the beads I made on Marshal Hyde's course at Flame Off.

The workshop was held at Diana East's studio in Leicester, regular readers of my blog will know that I am a frequent visitor to Di's.

The aim of the workshop was to make that bead that you have inside your head but don't exactly know how to do it.

Marshall is a lovely man. He started the workshop by telling us a little bit about himself and explained to us how he goes about designing his beads, mainly by drawing the steps on paper first.



We each then described the bead that we would like to make, most of us brought some inspiration with us in the form of pictures or in one lady's case a scarf and handbag.

Marshall suggested to each of us ways we could go about making our beads and we all chipped in with our own suggestions.

I had decided that I wanted to make some seaside themed beads as I live on an island and surrounded by the sea. So I had in my head a beach hut bead or a bead with a beach hut on it. I also made a bead with a sail boat on it a while back and wanted to have another try and that.

Marshall demonstrated and idea of how he thought I could make my beads




These are the two resulting beads that I made and I am very pleased with them.

This is Katherynne, she made some unusual beads inspired by the pattern on a handbag


I can't remember why Moira wanted to make these but they are a bit weird

Lots of different ideas from everyone.

It was a very enjoyable day which I would recommend if you have the chance.

Thanks for looking.

Linda
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...