Thursday 18 July 2013

Earring Challenge Reveal 14 - Weeks 27 & 28/52

Ok, so I know I am a little early for this weeks reveal but there is a good reason I promise.

On Saturday I am going to be flying to America, Rochester New York to be exact to attend THE GATHERING! For those of you who don't know what The Gathering is, it's the USA's version of our UK Flame Off. Lampworkers who come from all over the world to meet up and make new friends and learn and buy glass and tools.

I am fortunate enough that I managed to secure a limited space on Holly Cooper's class, someone whose work I admire, I am also doing a class in etching and patination and making glass cabouchons using murrini. There will also be lots of presentations and a huge bead swap among other things. Lots to look forward to.

I hope to be doing a blog update whilst I am there.

Anyway here are my earring makes for the AJE Earring Challenge 2013.

WK 27/52

My first pair are a simple but (I think you'll agree) stunning pair of black and white earrings. I made the black glass hearts and the white spacer beads and combined them with black crystal rondelles. Finished off with sterling silver earwires.

WK 28/52

Another simple but effective pair, this time in red and white with my own lampwork encased dotty beads and white spacers, with red crystal rondelles and again sterling silver earwires.

Don't forget to have a look at the other makes.

Thanks for looking.

Linda
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...