Wednesday 3 December 2014

Contemporary Christmas Craft Fair, Wisley


Following my trip to The Nederlands to the Sieraad International Jewellery Art Fair and to Winchester to the Desire Jewellery and Silversmithing Fair (read my blog post here: http://earth-shinedesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/fact-finding-mission-sieraad-and-desire.html). I went to visit my Mum last week and we went to the Christmas Contemporary Craft Fair at RHS Wisley with a view to maybe having a stand in the future.

There were 150 stands selling all sorts of crafts, woodwork, wool, cheese and oils, glass, sculpture and more in 3 marquees that had been joined together. The standard of work was a very high quality and it was very busy. Here are a few of the stands.




It was fairly expensive to get in £9 or free to RHS members and £6 to friends of members but this did include entrance into Wisley as well.

The reason I chose this fair to visit is because of it's high standard and footfall and that my Mum lives not too far away so I wouldn't have to pay for accommodation. It's not cheap to do at around £1000 a stand for the 5 days so you would have to sell an awful lot of stock.

Unfortunately because there is such a high demand for stands at this event, Craft in Focus who organise it prioritise to stands that book all their events. Also their application forms came out last month so if I was to decided to do it I doubt whether it will be until 2016 now.

Comparing the jewellery fairs I went to with this craft fair this definitely seemed to be the busier show.

We popped into Wisley and had a look around, I took some photo's of these lovely autumnal columns which I found quite inspiring.



Thanks for looking.

Linda
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...