Wednesday 14 January 2015

Pantone Spring Colours 2015 Tangerine and Custard

Yesterday I shared with you the glass colours I had found to go with the new Pantone Spring Colours 2015 Strawberry Ice and Marsala. Today it's the turn of Tangerine and Custard.


I didn't come up with a lot. It's not that I don't have a fair amount of yellow or orange glass in my stash, I do, it's just that they weren't quite the right shade. This is what I came up with:


I know what you are going to say, that middle rod looks nothing like yellow. For some reason it looked totally different under my daylight studio lights.

From left to right: Effetre Apricot Yellow E419 (I love this colour), Effetre Transparent Kelp 090 (which actually sounds like it might be green. I haven't actually made any beads with it so it may come out a completely different colour when used.) and Vetrofond Banana Cream. This is an odd lot which means once it is gone there will be no more :-(


I am definitely challenged when it comes to photographing yellow. I have selected Golden Rod enamel 9250 and Mellow Yellow frit by Cheeky Frit Blends. I admit I do not have a lot of yellow in my frit collection.

Here are a few items from my Etsy store that match these colours.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/184980690/pair-of-cone-bead-end-caps-hand-painted?ref=shop_home_active_17

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/211587965/hand-patinated-orange-antique-bronze?ref=shop_home_active_2


https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/186437378/pair-of-opaque-yellow-handmade-lampwork?ref=shop_home_active_9

Thanks for looking.

Linda
x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...