Monday 30 November 2015

Art Bead Scene November Challenge - Reveal 2

This is the continuation of the Art Bead Scene Monthly Challenge for November inspired by a painting by Marguerite Zorach called Autumn Flowers


You can read all about the first piece I created for this challenge here: http://earth-shinedesigns.blogspot.com/2015/11/art-bead-scene-november-challenge.html

You may remember I was a bit stumped by the first two designs I tried, well I went back to the drawing board and had another go.

I had made these glass leaf headpins using various shades of amber glass.

There's just a hint of veining which I achieved using a pair of leaf mashers I purchased from Devardi Glass .com


I wanted the leaves to lay nicely so came up with the idea of threading seed beads onto the wire and cutting the wire different lengths. I then threaded them onto Fireline with seed beads spacing them out. I continued with the seed beads and added some Czech glass crystals to complete the necklace.



This piece is now available for sale in my webstore: Falling Leaves Necklace

Don't forget to pop and have a look at the other entries.




Thanks for looking.

Linda x

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely necklace and beautiful glass work! Cool tool, thanks for the link...not that I currently play with glass but one never knows...anyway great way to interpret the painting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...